The MLB Little League Classic was delightful for baseball
- Cameron Maybin sat out three games with a stiff knee and then pinch hit yesterday. He is useless to fantasy owners as he is permanently injured but not on the disabled list
- Miguel Sano hits the disabled list due to a stress reaction in his shin
Miguel Sano headed to the 10-day DL. Corresponding move tomorrow.
— Shane Jackson (@SJacksonMLB) August 20, 2017
- Yu Darvish was placed on the disabled list due to back spasms
- Cody Bellinger came out of Saturday’s game with a mild ankle sprain.
- He sat out yesterday and both Bellinger and manager Dave Roberts are telling everyone it’s nothing.
- Justin Verlander earned one run on two hits over eight innings. He struck out nine and walked one.
- seventh straight start of at least six innings
- The Tigers are still talking with the Astros about a Verlander deal. Last night just sweetened the pot a little
- Josh Donaldson played shortstop
- Adam Conley threw seven innings and gave up one earned run on three hits while striking out 11
- First career double digit strikeout start
- Has back to back quality starts with next matchup against the Padres
- Blake Snell has back to back wins after seven shutout innings last night
- Drew Storen had to face ten batters to get two outs – he earned six runs and walked two.
- Bud Norris came in the ninth inning to earn his 19th save. Cam Bedrosian owners can rejoice in the fact that he got the win in the seventh
- Blake Treinen came into the game in the eighth and faced seven batters to get through two innings and earn his 7th save
- Danny Salazar gave up six earned runs on 12 hits with one walk and five strikeouts over 4 ⅔ innings
- Josh Started at shortstop for the first time
- Juan Minaya has two saves now, but a 4.65 ERA overall because lefties pretty much own him
- Mike Napoli went 2-for-4 and now has three homers and 10 RBI in the last week
- Chase Anderson earned one run on two hits with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts over five innings in his first start back from the disabled list
- Should be picked up
- Corey Knebel got his 99th strikeout, the most of any reliever in one season in Brewers history
- The Pirates scored three runs in the first inning off Mike Leake, who only lasted three Innings, gave up six earned runs on eight hits and struck out three. He didn’t walk anyone
- Roberto Osuna blew his eighth save but doesn’t seem to be at risk of losing his job
- Aroldis Chapman was removed from the closer role in New York. The Yankees bullpen runs deep so it is hard to tell who will get the opportunity next time one arises
- The Angels swept Baltimore and have won 13 of 18 in August, including 8 of their last 10
- Twins beat Diamondbacks 12-5 they scored 9 runs in the first inning
- Milwaukee has won six of their last seven games
- The Nats have allowed more than three runs once in their last 11 games
- Bartolo Colon allowed three home runs last night but he still got a win and has now earned a win against every team in baseball
- Eddie Rosario went 2-for-5 with a grand slam. He has 5 HR in the last two weeks and 17 on the season. He even steals a base every once in a while. Yesterday he was moved up to 2nd in the batting order although he usually bats 5th
- Brian Dozier hit number 25, and third this week
- Jake Lamb hit number 27
- Brandon Drury hit his 10th home run and scored two
- Curtis Granderson hit his 20th home run. Since Joc Pederson was sent down, Grandy-man will see lots of playing time
- Yu Darvish went to the disabled list with back tightness. The Dodgers now have a four man rotation consisting of Alex Wood, Kenta Maeda, Rich Hill, and Ryu
- Justin Upton hit his 26th home run, including four over the past week
- Jesus Aguilar hit another two homers to make three in his last eight at bats
- Adeiny Hechavarria hit hit third homer of 2017 and Kevin Kiermaier hit his eighth
- Giancarlo Stanton hit homer number 45
- Tyler Flowers hit a grand slam for his eleventh, including his third in August
- Cole Kalhoun hit his second homer in the series and 16th overall. total disappointment.
- Chris Davis 19th
- Andrelton Simmons 13
- J.D. Martinez, Brandon Drury and Jake Lamb hit homers off Bartolo Colon
- Chris Jimenez 6, Eddie Rosario 17th, Brian Dozier 25th
- Marwin Gonzalez 21st home run to go along with 72 RBI, when will Marwin ever get some love on draft day?
- Francisco Lindor hit his 20th homer and stole his 9th base
- Miguel Montero hit his 10th
- Roughned Odor hit number 27
- Mark Reynolds hit number 26, his batting average went from around .220 career to about .280 in the two years since he went to Colorado
- Rhys Hoskins 5th home run and 4th this week. Three of four have been off lefties
- Josh Bell hit his 21st homer and drove in four
- Brett Gardner 20th
- Brandon Phillips has a six game hit streak including three multi-hit games and three homers in the past ten the last ten games, and hitting near-.500 in the last four games.
Share this Post