- Reynaldo Lopez on the 10-day disabled list (retroactive to August 18) with a strained back
- Robbie Ray will return to the rotation on Thursday in New York
- Miguel Sano was taken out of the game after three at-bats with soreness in his left shin. He is out of the lineup today. He had an MRI this morning but the results are unknown.
— Sports Daily HQ (@SportsDailyHQ) August 20, 2017
- Rays have scored only 24 runs over their previous 14 games and have lost 12 of the last 15
- The Rangers were down 5-0 before they even had one at bat and came back to beat the White Sox 17-7
- The Diamondbacks have lost three of their last four, and 20 of 34 since the break
- The Twins a a game and a half ahead of the Royals and tied for the second wild card spot with 41 games to go.
- The Angels have hit nine home runs over the first two games at Camden Yards in Baltimore
- The Dodgers have won 21 of the past 24 games and 26 in 31 since the All-Star break
- The Indians’ starting pitchers have allowed one or fewer runs 10 times in the last 11 games
- The Brewers have the worst contact rate in the National League, 74.6 percent, but they rank second to the Mets in the National League with 182 home runs. The Mets have 183
- The Tigers have lost six in a row and 12 of their last 14 to put them 16 games under .500
- Royals starting rotation is 3-9 with a 5.99 ERA in 18 games in August
- The Phillies lost all 11 games they played in California prior to yesterday
- They scored seven runs in the sixth inning to beat the Giants 12-9.
I lost the ball in the twilightSpan
This is how it all started
- Julio Teheran earned four runs on six hits over six innings.
- He struck out seven and walked three
- He has lost nine consecutive decisions at home
- Kevin Gausman gave up a home run an inning for four innings and never made it through the fifth inning.
- Three of the four homers came on four-seam fastballs
- Chris Sale earned four runs on seven hits and struck out nine.
- He has yet to get a win against the Yankees since becoming a Red Sox even though he owns a 1.19 ERA in three starts against them
- Robert Stephenson earned one run on three hits over five innings. He walked three and struck out three
- Jose Quintana has five quality starts in seven starts since joining the Cubs.
- Has allowed six hits or fewer in each of his last 14 starts, the longest such streak in the majors
- Nick Delmonico has reached base safely in each of his first 13 games.
- Lucas Giolito will make his Sox debut on Tuesday instead of Monday
— Colleen Kane (@ChiTribKane) August 19, 2017
- Jose Berrios only allowed the Diamondbacks two hits through seven scoreless innings to earn his 11th win on the season. He struck out seven and walked only one
- He had two extra days rest after allowing five runs in the first inning of his past two starts
- Blake Parker has a 2.30 ERA and 0.896 WHIP with 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings, That only includes one save.
He’s pitched in high leverage situations every time he’s had the ballScioscia on Parker
- Hyun-Jin Ryu walked four and struck out four over five scoreless innings
- Joc Pederson was sent down to Triple-A after batting .156 in 28 games since the break, including only two hits in 41 at bats. Curtis Granderson will play everyday
- C.C. Sabathia allowed two runs on four hits for his first win since July 21.
- Dellin Betances got the last three outs for his ninth save. Aroldis Chapman is being taken out of the closer role to work through his issues
- Trevor Bauer is 5-0 in his last seven appearances, including six starts with a 1.99 ERA.
- He has 44 strikeouts and 10 walks, allowing nine earned runs in 40 2/3 innings
- Greg Holland was replaced in the ninth inning for the first time this season after his third failed outing in the past five.
- Chase Anderson will be activated to start today – he is a good pickup
- Michael Fulmer allowed three hits and struck out six over seven scoreless innings.
- Jason Vargas needed 96 pitches to get through 4 ⅔ innings. He earned four runs and is now 1-3 with 12 ER in his last four starts, 15 ⅔ innings
- Jarrett Parker is hitting .315 since returning on Aug. 3
- In his last three games, Parker is 5 for 11 with three doubles, three runs scored and three RBI.
- The Phillies backup catcher, Jorge Alfaro, replaced Tommy Joseph at first base after going 7-for-59 with a .119 average in August
- Michael Wacha allowed six of the first seven Pirates to reach base after a rain delay and allowed five runs in the second inning. He was replaced after 81 pitches over four innings.
- Paul DeJong smacked his 20th homer in his first 70 games, the same as Albert Pujols had in his first 70 games with the Cardinals in 2001.
- Stephen Strasburg averaged 97 mph with eight strikeouts and walked one over six-innings. He looked great
- Mike Trout and Luis Valbuena each hit two home runs
- Trout’s 26th including three in the past week.
- Became the third player in major league history to record six 25-homer seasons before his age-26 season.
- Valbuena’s 15th including four in the last week
- Trout’s 26th including three in the past week.
- Scooter Gennett hit his third grand slam for home run number 21 on the season.
- Ian Happ hit number 18 on the season and now has four over the past seven days.
- He is the only Cubbie to hit 18 homers in his first 80 games for 100 years
- Dominic Smith ended an 0-for-11 streak at home with his second home run
- Jesus Aguilar hit home run number 12
- Domingo Santana and Keon Broxton each hit their 20th giving the Brewers four players with at least 20 homers for the first time since 2012
- Alex Bregman hit his 15th home run and his 30th double
- Rhys Hoskins homered for the fourth time in his 10 big-league games
- Denard Span hit an inside-the-park home run on the first pitch Jerad Eickhoff threw
- Jerad Eickhoff couldn’t get through six innings for the 11th time in his 22 starts this season.
- Adam Frazier hit home run number four
- Starling Marte hit his first home run since his suspension and third of the season. He has stolen four bases in the last five games
- Mike Napoli (26) and Rougned Odor (26) combined for three homers and 10 RBI
- Rafael Devers hit his eighth homer of the season off Chris Sale