The ‘Player Weekend’ starts tomorrow. Not Play-ah, it’s player. Anyway, their uniforms will show their nicknames rather than their real names. Fun? I think so.
Boston Red Sox
- Andrew Benintendi now has four multi-hit games in the past six games.
- Nick Delmonico went 3-for-4 and scored two runs
- he has reached base safely in all eight major league games
- Tim Anderson went 2-for-3 with a two-run homer and an RBI double
- Has hit safely in seven consecutive games
- Eugenio Suarez went 1-for-3 with a two-run homer, a walk and two runs scored
- Trevor Bauer has allowed just one run over seven-plus innings in each of his last three starts
- Francisco Lindor went 1-for-6 with a two-run homer
- Lindor entered Wednesday’s game with a .344/.410/.544 slash line, four homers, eight RBI, three stolen bases and 12 runs through 23 games since the All-Star break
- Cody Allen blew his third save of the season, including two in the past 10 days
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .333 with 27 homers, 74 RBI, nine stolen bases and 102 runs
- Justin Verlander is now 3-0 with a 0.86 ERA and 22:6 K:BB in his last 21 innings. Looks like his lady was damn right when she ranted on twitter about her man being better than Porcello…
- Nick Castellanos went 3-for-5 with a triple and five RBI. Don’t get so excited because he has driven in a total of four runs in 20 games since July 18
- Ian Kinsler hit his second home run since June 29. Whoopie
- Adam Conley has allowed nine runs (eight earned) in his last 10.1 innings since the break
- George Springer returned from the disabled list yesterday, went 1-for-4
- Derek Fisher’s solo homer was the Astros only run scored
- Has four homers in his first 19 games in the majors
Kansas City Royals
- Trevor Cahill lasted 2 ⅓ innings, allowed three runs on four hits and walked FIVE
- Lorenzo Cain last 13 games
- three hits five times
- 1 HR
- 5 SB
- 13 R
- Melky Cabrera is 9-for-21 (.429) with two home runs and eight RBI over the past five games
- Whit Merrifield went 4-for5 with a stolen base and two runs. He is batting .300 on the season, and strikes out only 13.2 percent of the time.
New York Mets
- Wilmer Flores hit his 13th home run, seven of which have been against lefties
- The Mets traded Jay Bruce, i mean they gave away Bruce.
- Jharel Cotton gave up six runs on eight hits, including three home runs and walked one over six innings. He struck out four.
- It’s the fifth time in his last eight starts he has given up multiple home runs, and his HR/9 = 1.8
- Nelson Cruz hit two homers and Kyle Seager hit one. also touched him up for a dinger. will need to improve significantly
- Odubel Herrera doubled his triples total on the season by hitting two last night.
- Jerad Eickhoff has won each of his past three decisions after starting the season 0-7. He didn’t walk any for the second time in 20 starts.
- Hector Neris got his 13th save
- Ivan Nova has a 2.70 ERA at home and a 4.42 ERA on the road
- He has fewer than seven innings in each of his past eight starts
San Diego Padres
- Wil Myers went 1-for-4 and hit home run number 22
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .389 (14-for-36) over his last nine games with six homers, nine runs and 12 RBI.
- Edwin Diaz got his 25th save of the season
- Joey Gallo has hit seven home runs over the past eight games
- Ryan Zimmerman entered yesterday 2-for-27 in his last eight games, and then he went 4-for-4
- Gio Gonzalez returned from the paternity list and shut down the Marlins for the second consecutive outing for his 12th quality start in his last 13
San Francisco Giants
- Sam Dyson earned his eighth save of the season
- He has a 2.22 ERA in 24.1 innings since joining the Giants
Share this Post